The Singapore Botanic Gardens is the only attraction in Singapore that has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site at the 39th session of the World Heritage Committee (WHC) in Bonn, Germany.
The Gardens is the first and only tropical botanic garden on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List. It is the first in Asia and the third botanic gardens inscribed in the world following Orto botanico di Padova and the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
It has a surprisingly long history since the time of Sir Stamford Raffles to present day Singapore.
June School Holiday Promotion: Enjoy free admission* to National Orchid Garden from 21 May to 26 June 2016 for students, local residents and work permit holders.
Start Date: 21 May, 2016
End Date: 26 June 2016
Opening Hours: 8.30am – 7.00pm
Terms and Conditions
- Students are required to present valid student cards.
- Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, Work Permit Holders and Dependant Pass Holders are required to present their ID cards or relevant documentation.
- Visitors with local residential addresses are to present any documentation with proof of residency.
- Not applicable to tour groups, tickets purchased in advance and other promotions
How To Get Here:
There are three gates leading to the various attractions in the Gardens:
|To Visit||Enter Via|
(Botany Centre, SBG Heritage Museum, CDL Green Gallery, Heritage Trail, Herbarium, Food For Thought,
Swan Lake, Bandstand)
(National Orchid Garden, Ginger Garden, Palm Valley,
Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage, Visitor Centre, Casa Verde, Halia Restaurant)
|Bukit Timah Core
(Eco-Lake, Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden,
NUS Alumni Guild House, NUS Law Faculty)
|Bukit Timah Gate*|
* The Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line & Downtown Line) alights you at the Bukit Timah Gate.
By bus alighting at Napier/Holland Road (Tanglin Gate)
- SBS Transit 7, 105, 123, 174,174e
- SMRT 75, 77, 106, NR8
- Nearest MRT Station : Orchard MRT (North-South Line) and a 5-min bus ride to Tanglin Gate
By bus alighting at Bukit Timah/Dunearn Road (Bukit Timah Gate or Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden)
- SBS Transit 48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170
- SMRT 67, 171
- Nearest MRT Station : Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line & Downtown Line)
There are taxi drop-off/pick-up points at the following major entrances:
- Botany Centre, Tanglin Gate (via junction of Holland/Napier Road)