Go anywhere for $5* only, when you share a ride!
Whatever you’re doing this Friday, you won’t want to miss out on this GrabShare deal.
Whether you’re planning to go out on a date, catch up with your friends or hibernate at home, try out the new GrabShare and pay only $5 for your ride.
What is GrabShare and how does it work?
GrabShare is an on-demand carpooling service which allows you to carpool with another party heading in the same direction. By sharing the ride, you reduce the fare and your carbon footprint too! We also guarantee that there will not be more than one additional drop-off point, so you won’t have to make unnecessary detours.
How to claim your $5 ride:
1. Download the Grab app from the App Store or Google Play and register your account.
2. On the booking screen, select your pick-up and drop-off points.
3. Choose the GrabShare vehicle type and choose your preferred payment method.
4. Check that the fare displayed is $5.
5. Tap ‘Book’ and enjoy your $5 ride.
Terms & conditions:
• Limited to 30,000 redemptions
• Available from 8am to 10pm
• 2 redemptions per passenger
• Note that $5 excludes ERP and surcharges
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need a promo code to qualify for this promotion?
No. No promo code is required for this campaign.
2. I don’t see the $5 fare on the booking screen. Why is this?
Please update your app to the latest version. Do note that you can only redeem this promotion during the stipulated campaign period.
3. How do I know if I’m eligible for this promotion?
All users are eligible for this promotion. All you need to do is to check that the fare displayed on the GrabShare vehicle type is $5.
4. I am eligible for the promotion. How do I claim my discounted ride?
On the main booking screen, please ensure that you’ve entered your pick-up and drop-off location and selected GrabShare as your vehicle type. Do check that the fare displayed is $5 before booking your ride.
5. Is the fare indicated when I make the booking already discounted?
Yes. You will see the discounted fare of $5 on your booking screen. You will also receive an e-receipt once the ride is completed.
6. How will I know if the promotion is still valid?
The promotion is still valid when you see a $5 fare on your GrabShare booking screen.
7. How will I know when the maximum redemptions for this promotion has been reached?
Grab will actively update our social media channels so do keep a lookout for it.
8. I have a friend travelling with me. How much will I be charged?
You will only be charged $5 (excluding ERP and surcharges) per GrabShare booking. This means that both you and your friend will only pay a total of $5 (excluding ERP and surcharges) for your ride.
9. How will ERP tolls and surcharges be split amongst passengers?
In the spirit of sharing the ride and the fare, all tolls incurred during the journey will be split between passengers.
Scenario 1: ONE passenger is onboard when it passes an ERP gantry.
Tip 1: All ERP charges to be paid by that passenger.
Scenario 2: TWO passengers are onboard when it passes an ERP gantry.
Tip 2: ERP charges will be split equally between both passengers.
Scenario 3: Passenger A is onboard. Driver passes an ERP gantry and picks up Passenger B.
Tip 3: ERP charges will be split equally between both passengers.
General Terms and Conditions:
- “$5 GrabShare Rides” (“the Campaign”) is organised by Grab Pte Ltd. (“the Organiser”) and is open to all Grab users.
- By entering the campaign, you represent you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions of entry and you acknowledge and agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions and decisions of the judges and organiser without limitation or qualification. You further agree that all decisions of the organiser shall be final and conclusive.
- The campaign will run on 9 Dec 2016, Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to alter or end the contest at any time, without giving prior notice or compensate in cash or in kind.
- Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify any participant or reject participants deemed ineligible for the campaign (be it under these Terms & Conditions or has engaged in a conduct that the organiser considers inappropriate or unacceptable).
- Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of this campaign at any time without giving any prior notice to the participants.
- Grab Pte Ltd decisions in any matter in relation to the campaign shall be final and conclusive. Any request for appeal and review shall not be entertained.
- Grab Pte Ltd shall not be liable for any claims by the participants or be accountable for third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or related to this contest.
- Grab Pte Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any claims of loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or related to this contest. Participants acknowledge and agree that Grab Pte Ltd reserves the rights to disqualify any entry if it is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of this contest.
- Grab Pte Ltd does not take any responsibility in the case of an event that may prevent the participants from participating in the campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure, which include but not limited to regulatory events, government directive, government intervention and act of God etc.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the campaign, will be deemed as property of Grab Pte Ltd and may be used for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media without obtaining any prior consent or payment from the participant.